Tuesday 16 February 2010

Accepting the Exception...

The exception to the rule, that is. I am zapped and it's only Tuesday! Why does it feel like Friday? Is it because first thing Monday morning when I rocked into work I was asked questions within what seemed like a split second of putting my bag on my desk? It is because for the last few days I've had to deal with a maturing 5 (nearly 6) year old who tests my patience no end? Is it because the weather has been so crazy with heat then rain that my poor fibromyalgia-effected body doesn't know whether it's coming or going?

It is all of the above and more, with the more being tonight me making a faux pas of not monumental measure, but enough to make me feel a tad foolish. And no, don't anyone ask me to repeat the tale, as for me it's a very valuable lesson.

Matthew 11:28 tells us that when we are weary and heavy-laden, we are to come to the Lord. So, that is exactly where I'm going once I finish this post. To the One who will take me under His wings and protect me from the terror of the night (yes, I am afraid of the dark) and shield me from the fiery arrows of the enemy during the day.

I'm going to use this post as my
Word List post for the week, and also fit in my 24 in 2010 scripture verse and a blog prize and more, so here goes...

My scripture memory verse for the 15th of this month is
Psalm 34:4 -

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

I was feeling fearful yesterday after calling my real estate agent to see whether or not my lease had been renewed. I asked my wonderful friend Jo Princess Warrior to pray for me. Not only did she pray but she also sent me some 'medicine', being Psalm 34:4-5 from the New Living Translation (and yes, my lease has been renewed for another 6 months with only a small monetary increase!). Wonderful words of comfort and promise that instantly calmed my nerves and made the fear leave. (Please see Extravagant Grace for some wonderful verse buttons from Philippians!)

Speaking of the lovely Jo, she gave me a
'When Life Gives You Lemons...Set Up A Lemonade Stand' award today. I am blessed! So, to bless some others I would like to give this award to my lovely blog friends Lelia at Write From The Heart, Paula at His Ways ... Are Not Our Ways, and Heather at On The Road ...Walking With Jesus. These are all ladies who have taken the lemons of life and most definitely turned them into sweet tasting lemonade! And their lemonade, sweetened by the grace and ongoing comfort of God, has helped to heal me and help me in many areas of my life!


I want to also bring attention to the lovely Christy's blog, Critty Joy. She has come up with a new concept called 'Pouring Out' and I love it! The concept is that for one week a month she will give readers a few challenges and then at the end of the week we can post on them. Well, this week has presented two challenges - writing a letter and making a phone call. Sounds pretty simple, but how often do you do it? Please check out Christy's Pouring Out challenges here. I am behind the eight-ball already on them, but I WILL take up the challenge.


So, that is my 'accepting the exception' blog post, which I thought was going to be small but isn't, hehe. Another exciting thing to report is that my little cherub has her first loose tooth! I am happy yet sad as it means that my precious little girl is growing up! I love her to bits, and the love grows every day despite the developing of my patience!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessings of Your Word, the friends You have sent my way, the honour of being 'Mummy' to my precious little girl, and for helping me to work out the reason behind my faux pas tonight. I thank You for all that You do for me. In Jesus' Wonderful Name, Amen.



(PS: Please check out my post below on Saigon the circus elephant.)

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Thank You Father for using Paula to spread Your word. In Jesus' name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your 'medicine' worked and that our prayers were amswered. You are amazing. I am so glad that you are choosing to make leomons out of lemonade.

    3 more sleeps until we have a day to face to face without our cherubs!!!!!! Can't wait. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that when life givbes you lemons. That is some wisdom :)

    I am glad you are taking it before him today. He knows my friend and He will give you strength!

    -crittyjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Paula,
    I must let you know that there is something about your honesty and transparency that just touches my heart each time I visit to read up on the latest about you.

    Today, for some reason I ended up misty eyed as I was reading your heart.

    I just love the Set Up a Lemonade Stand award. I got it a few months back, and I must say that it is one of the awards I really love.

    Blessings on your day. Loved reading your stories! Congrats on the first baby tooth out... yup, they grow fast. Enjoy and treasure every moment.

    My babies are now 29, 27 and 25. Sometimes I find myself wishing they were small again!


    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete