Wednesday 17 October 2012

Do You Like Change? I Do...


Photo Source

Change, change, change. There is nothing like change to either totally disrupt, bless or adjust one’s life. I believe that changes are the breaks between the chapters in your life book. The change in direction. An end and a beginning.

There has been a lot of change in my life this year. In previous years change has brought about different sets of circumstances that have provided upheaval, growth or regression. This year, however, is about milestone changes. The type of change that sets me on a new course and challenges me to stop and ponder many aspects of my life.

What my activities are.
Who I associate with.
Where I spend my time and money.
What I value most in life.
Who I am to my near and dear, and who I am in Jesus.
Where I will go from here.

Throughout all of my ponderings the Holy Spirit has been a discernable influence. I have felt the Holy Spirit’s presence throughout every change that has been made. I feel the calming presence that the Holy Spirit provides when the change I’m making is the right one. That in itself is reason enough to accept the change and not look back.

I’ve discovered that change involves not looking back; putting up boundaries; being true to myself; ending some relationships; surrounding myself with positive people intent on living, not just striving to.

Change involves many things for me. I’m looking forward to what lies ahead. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to say that. A new day has dawned for this old night owl who is now a lover of the morning. Yes, another change.

I’m thankful to God for His mercies, to Jesus for His contant companionship, and to the Holy Spirit for the discerning voice I hear and feel.

Life is good. God is good.

No comments: