Wednesday 29 August 2012

What Is Love?

Love is a verb.
It is a doing word that requires action.
Jesus set the ultimate example of this by dying on the cross for our sins.

Words are like the wind.
Spoken and then gone if there is no action behind them.

Being told that I’m loved and having minimal action to back it up has been a recurring event during my adult life.

Yes, I love you. Yes, I do.
But did you? No, because your actions showed me otherwise.

Yes, I love you. Yes, I will do this for you.
But did you? No, because your actions showed me otherwise.

Yes, I love you. Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
But did you? No, because your actions have showed me, and continue to show me, otherwise.

So now the door is closed. This last time was the last time. Ever. Forever. Never again.

This year has been filled with turmoil. Emotional. Spiritual. Physical. Mental.
God has reminded me of His goodness, however, by those that both say I love you and show I love you.

The friend who lends me money when I scrape the bottom of my single parent barrel on occasions.
The friend who looks after my daughter, cleans my house and cooks me meals.
The friend who drives 45 minutes to attend a doctor’s appointment with me.

This is “I love you”. This is showing me that I am actually special, and not just one of many.

No financial barriers.
No family situation barriers.
No geographical barriers.

This is love. This is action. This is showing me that you do really care.

1 comment:

  1. Paula, I'm glad you have such precious people in your life to show you real love ie love in action! xxx

    ReplyDelete