Monday 11 October 2010

He Speaks!

A couple of weeks ago I posted about passion at work and why I can't show it like others can. Well, God shared something with me a couple of days ago and I wanted to share it here.

"They are passionate about it (their work) because they don't have anything else. I am your passion. That is why your walk is so hard, because you're having to live between the two. Go and show them what your passion is. That is what you have to do."

Wow! It's a bit of a stark reality, but it's His truth. I have Him; they don't. And He is right, in that He IS my passion. Since returning to the narrow path just on four years ago I wanted to live to make Him happy. Today, well it's a different story, as I have learnt that I don't have to DO anything to make Him happy as He already is. He loves me already. I already make Him happy just by being His.

What does make Him happy though? It's living FOR Him. Sharing HIS Word with others. Telling and showing others what HE has done for me. Not the other way around.

I have learnt to live by grace. By HIS grace. His never-ending, unfailing and unconditional love for me. It does not make my life any easier, and from the Word He gave me above He has explained why. The enemy knows that He IS my real passion and he doesn't like it one little bit!

So, I will show them - all the unsaved people in my life - that God is my passion. He is the reason for my all. He is the reason I can hold my head up high despite my past. He is the reason that I have all that I have, which is just enough.

Passion. God is mine. What is yours?

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Paula! I truly hope He is my best passion but I love all the other passions he has brought into my life too. He is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, my favourite scripture is when God says to Abraham: I am your portion, your exceeding great reward. It makes me cry everytime. I can see you understand Him like that too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is my passion and out of Him flow my other passions - my husband, my boys, my friends, my writing, reaching the lost. Love you SFAM. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mind blowing experience!! AMEN Paula. I love how God gives us revelations like that. Praise HIS name!

    I love how Jo ^^ puts it!

    Hugz and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true once we are living for him He should be our passion. Great post Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula! You are so pure in heart - I love how you share your joy with the rest of us. You have written truth here that I'm happy I could read today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete