Friday 3 September 2010

Freedom and Love...


God in His goodness is comforting me. I am going through a season of change, and He is my ever-present comfort. My new season is one of freedom.

Freedom from twenty years of shame, guilt and regret.
Freedom from the opinions of others.
Freedom from the lies of the enemy.

“So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.” – Galations 5:1 (NLT)

This verse speaks volumes to me about my freedom. The New International Version talks about the “
yoke of slavery”. For me that means not only the slavery to the law but also slavery to the world.

Slavery to the approval of others.
Slavery to incorrect submission.
Slavery to anger and frustration.

I no longer have to be a slave. Christ died on the cross to free me from slavery. To wash me clean from my shame, guilt and regret. To think of how God sees me instead of how others do. To overcome the strongholds that the enemy creates.

“God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world. Each of you, dear brothers and sisters, should remain as you were when God first called you.” – 1 Corinthians 7:23-24 (NLT)

I was fourteen years of age when God first called me. I had always known who God was and that He was part of my life. There has never, ever been a doubt in my mind that He existed. But I wasn’t free. I was still a slave to the world, and there I would remain until I was forty. Twenty-six years of God shaping me to be the woman I am now. His woman, His daughter, His princess and His messenger.

Words cannot truly express the love that I feel at this very point in time for God, and for His Son, Jesus, who He sent to die on the cross for me over 2,000 years ago. No other man will ever love me that much to give up His life for me. That, my friends, is special. That is true love.

I am free, I am loved, and I am His.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the gift of eternal life that You gave me through Your Son. Thank You for never, ever leaving my side, and thank You for forgiving me and giving me another chance at life with You. In Jesus’ Mighty Name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I am free, I am loved, and I am His!! Truer words were never spoken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Paula!! Me too! Praise The Living God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel you new foud freedm as I read this post Paula! Is't it a great place to be? FREE. Love yo. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I love about God, He doesn't care how long it takes, He keeps relentlessly pursuing us until He has our complete heart! xx

    ReplyDelete