Friday Night Church for me was very emotional. It was the first time I'd been to church since there was a major change to my life circumstances. It was also a night where I knew I'd receive another truthful and relevant Word from God.
FNC was a must given that Jasmine was peachy keen to go but more importantly it was part two of a six week series on Egypt. Last week's message was "A Stranger in a Foreign Land" and the pastor talked about Joseph. This week the preach was titled "Goodbye Egypt". How apt given that I have said goodbye (on a partner level) to someone who is still very dear to me, and always will be!
As it's way passed my bed time here, I will only cover some points of the message:
- When you're exiting, don't analyse things, don't reason, just use faith!
- You know you have to leave when your heart recognises there is more and you need to get out.
- Without leaving, there is no arrival!
- Ignorance, familiarity and safety are common place for those who don't want to grow and go.
- Don't get disconnected from community or a covering. These things will ensure you don't misinterpret the Word.
- If there is no flow, there is no grow!
- Don't lose the fear of God. Remember that Aslan is NOT a pet lion. Don't tease the lion!
- Don't get trapped because life is safe. Don't let go of your dreams.
- Don't become slaves to things that keep you in bondage, ie fashion, opinions of others, etc.
- Remember that He who the Son sets free is free indeed! (John 8:36)
- If you take your eyes off God, you will return to the world and the limitations of man.
- We don't need bitterness, just the sweetness of the Spirit of God.
- Ask yourself if selfishness has kept the world in me?
- Don't let trappings get in between you and God; they are not required.
- Seek first the kingdom of God, not the trappings, not the extras. (Matthew 6:33)
You just know when the Lord is speaking to you when you rock up to church two Friday nights in a row and get JUST. WHAT. YOU. NEED!
Thank You Heavenly Father for blessing me with Your Word tonight. Thank you to Pastors Rick and Mike for sharing the messages that I needed to hear when I needed to hear them. I pray that I will be look to You first for guidance when times get tough in my walk, especially now. I pray that I will remain in Your presence and not replace You with someone or something that cannot meet my most intimate needs. Thank You in Jesus' Wonderful Name, Amen.
PS: And yes, three posts in one day means that I have a lot on my mind. Please pray for clarity, strength and peace.