Wednesday 18 March 2009

Why I Am Free...


As Easter approaches and as my love for and understanding of our Lord Jesus deepens with every trial that comes my way, with every new insight bestowed upon me, and with every reminder that I am actually free, I sat here tonight and perused some of my blog entries and happened upon a Monday Manna post from November on Philippians 3:10-11.

Jesus is the reason I am free in this (but not of this) world, with all the pitfalls, even though I have been pre-destined to live here for as long as our Heavenly Father deems. My life is not my own, despite spending the majority of the last 39 years thinking so; it is His. So, as Easter approaches and Christians around the world prepare to remember our Saviour who died on the cross for our sins, I am going to reflect on the fact that, despite the trials that come my way and smother me, God has my life under control. As I read in
The Bullinger Companion Bible only yesterday -

"And the peace of God, surpassing every thought, shall garrison your hearts and thoughts in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

God will
garrison my heart and "be a watcher in advance...protect...keep" (Strong's Concordance). I need only concern myself with the purpose He has for me while here. Fixing my eyes on Jesus, living as an example of Christ's love for man, showing love, compassion, kindness, understanding and humility as Jesus did; loving until I give my all just as He did. And all the while thanking Him for the sacrifice He made on the cross.

4 comments:

  1. I am just waking up, taking my first sip of coffee and I decided to do a quick check of blogs I follow. And there was your post; all the way from Australia. Your words were exactly what I needed to read! I am in the midst of various challenges in my life. You wrote "despite the trials that come my way and smother me, God has my life under control". Thank you Paula, for writing this. I know this but I needed to be reminded this morning. May the Lord bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we prepare for Resurrection Sunday and read your post, it is beautifully said! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Phil 4:7 and also verses 4-6.

    I like this new picture of you and Jas. How precious and such a sweet pose.
    Love ya,
    P2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this is beautiful! I am a die-hard word nerd and loved seeing "garrison". Yes, that is what He gives us. Thank you for expressing it so eloquently!

    ReplyDelete