Thursday 4 August 2011

Loving My Girl & Loving Life Again...


It's been quite a while since this photo was taken (hence the ugly glasses and way too short hair!), but every time I look at it I think of how delightful my girl was then...and is now. I miss my little girl a lot. The reason I do is that when she was a toddler, her father and I were in the process of separating. Then in the years afterward - even up until now - I've been on a journey of returning to me, and to God; finding myself again after many years in the wilderness.

I've dealt with emotional abuse, exposure to self-deprication, sexual abuse even...and now I'm dealing with overcoming depression and anxiety, with perhaps a little bit of post-traumatic stress thrown in.

So now it's my turn to live, and my girl's turn. My hope is to get my act together to raise my girl to the best of my ability, and with God's help and guideance. I am rediscovering my love of craft, namely knitting and crocheting, and also my love of art. I've recently started drawing and painting again and I'm finding such great joy in it.

I'm living a truly single for the first time ever in my adult life. It's been a bumpy road to get to where I am now, but I'm thankful that I'm here. Creativity has replaced co-dependency. Peace has replaced momentary physical pleasure. Clear direction has replaced cloudy dreams.

God is good.

3 comments:

  1. I know the Lord will grant your request. He will help you as you raise your daughter in the Lord. My prayers are with you my friend...You have a new life now you and your daughter and God remember to keep Him the center of it at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I know that God has amazing things in store for you and your daughter. He not only heals us but heals our family too. Love that you are finding peace in your hobbies. I think they are a great way to relax but still be able to spend a conscious time with God. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It is your time to live. Absolute pleasure being on this journey with you. You are so talented and creative. God has amazing plans for you. You are an amazing mother. Love the final paragraph!! Love you xo

    ReplyDelete