Thursday 11 August 2011

Blessed by a Bird...


Yesterday while Jasmine was at her dancing class, I took some time outside (I usually sit in my car reading) and enjoyed the sunshine, fresh air and the birds (yes, even the crow that pooped on my leg...argh!).  One of the delights was this little Noisy Miner chick I discovered.  Noisy Miners are pesky and a nuisance, but this little delight was just interested in getting fed by its mamma, who turned up eventually (after the annoying human had stopped taking photos!) and gave the chick a feed.  Talk about feeling blessed!  I even had the chance to hold it as it had hopped onto a pathway, so I picked it up and put it back in the undergrowth.  Doubly blessed.  It sure did make up for the crow poop earlier!

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - Matthew 6:26 NIV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment