Sunday 13 March 2011

Life Above the Negativity...

Easter is 40 days away. Yes, that means Lent. What am I doing this year to bring me closer to The One that died to save my sins? I am giving up negativity!

It's so easy to get caught up in the ways of the world and be negative about everything, especially with how the world is at the moment with natural disasters, uprisings in countries, etc. It's easy to complain and blame others for your misfortunes. But these things are not favourable in God's eyes.

I know that I have spent time complaining and being negative in my life. Since battling with depression and anxiety, complaining and negativity are two things that I have been learning to avoid. Whether that be situations, people, music, movies, etc, I have learned to avoid them. I actually feel rather oppressed when I am in a negative situation.

So, what am I doing to give up negativity? I'm joining Reverend Trevor Lund over at Life Above the Negativity for the 2011 International Negativity Fast. Forty days of meditating on God's Word and re-learning how to think, say and do positiveness wholly and solely to honour Him.

I found a choice verse for this fast too:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." - Psalm 19:14 (NLT)

If you'd like to join me in this fast, see the picture on my sidebar. Also, you can click here and sign up for daily emails, and also 'Like' Living Life Above the Negativity on Facebook. Also, have a look around the site for Bible reading plans, a personalised book of Ephesians, and much more!

It could be the beginning of a whole new life for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment