Monday 21 October 2013

BF2013: Book Review - God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh...


God Loves Broken People (and Those Who Pretend They're Not) by Sheila Walsh is all about tackling personal brokenness and how it can allow for a greater intimacy with Jesus. Sheila explains that without brokenness a deeper level of intimacy with Jesus "might never open in any other way". The overall message of the book is that broken people can be made whole again through Jesus.

I found the book very helpful and practical in its approach to the topic. It has helped me to develop a closer relationships with Jesus, thus mending the broken pieces of my being. Reading this book was timely and necessary.

The best books are those where the author has lived through the message they're writing about. Sheila's book is one of the best I've read on desiring wholeness and how and with whom to achieve it. I found that by reading about Sheila's own experience, and those of others she writes about, I was able to relate to the cause of the brokenness the person was experiencing. And also relating to the solution - Jesus - and how to gain intimacy with Him. I particularly liked the Biblical truths that Sheila referenced throughout the book, and also in the studies included at the rear of the book.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has been broken down by life, and who is looking for wholeness through Jesus Christ.

I review for BookSneeze®
I reviewed this book through BookSneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment