Tuesday 9 February 2010

Spotlighting...


Here in Australia country folk have a past time called 'spotlighting' where they drive around in their 4 wheel drive vehicles (RTV and/or SUV to my American friends) in the bush and chase wild animals. To see the animals they usually have driving spotlights attached to the front of their vehicles and, more often than not, have one, two or more spotlights attached to the roof by either a cab guard or roof rack.

The spotlighting that I want to do is quite different from this, and it's going to be all about placing three blog links into the spotlight on my blog. The spotlight may shift to other blogs weekly, or some may stay for longer.

I've added a new section to my right hand side bar titled "Spotlight" and this week I've added Princess Warrior Lessons, Critty Joy and Jewelz Sightings. These ladies have touched my heart with their wonderful posts this week and deserve the acknowledgement.

Jo at Princess Warrior Lessons because not only is she my dear sweet friend and fellow Princess Warrior chick, but she is also travelling the narrow path right alongside me and Jesus the Gentleman at the same pace. Sometimes she edges forward and sometimes she slips back. But whatever the case, it is MEANT. TO. BE. The amount of times over the last month (and more) that she has been the vessel in which God has touched me, and vice versa, is amazing. We were truly meant to do this walk together.

Christy at Critty Joy because her energy and enthusiasm to share the Word with others is infectious. She is proposing a new challenge meme called Pouring Out and it is the BEST idea ever! I love a challenge, and I especially love a challenge that will deepen my walk with Jesus! Christy is also the Quotables Queen, and the quotes she prepares are delightful!

Julie at Jewelz Sighting because she is currently running a post series about HER journey and what God has done and is doing in her life! I sat on the weekend just gone and read through the series back to back and aside from the tears spilled I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders. And God, through Julie, is continuing to have this affect on me. Julie's latest post made me realise that I was not rejected in my life but moreso Jesus took those people out of my life to save and protect me! An amazing revelation!

So please check out these blogs. You WILL be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these blogs...it's a great idea.

    I have also loved Jewel's stories. Will check out the other two blogs your spotlighted.

    But yours is a great blog as well, I'm glad I visited here and read around a bit today.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome of you to do this! I'm a bit familiar with Jewelz Sightings although I hope to get to know her better. I don't know the other bloggers though so I will have to check them out and say hi.

    Paula, I wanted to tell you about a blog friend I made who is from Australia but married a Norwegian and they are raising their family in Tromso, Norway. That is near the North Pole! L-Jay is adjusting to the completely different lifestyle and customs and she blogs about it. Her blog is named My Little Norway. Here's her link if you would like to check it out: http://mylittlenorway.com.

    Blessings to you from Arizona,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say but thank you! I am so blessed to have met you in blogland and in real life Paula. You have an amazing heart (and blog!). I love you. I feel so fortunate to have you in my life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you sweet friend! You are such a blessing to me dear one! I am so glad we are bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful you are spotlighting bloggers like Julie. I so enjoy her heart. I haven't been to all of them, but I will have to stop by.

    ReplyDelete