Saturday 13 September 2008

An Inspiring Devotion From the Cafe...

This evening I finally got around to reading today's Internet Cafe Devotion and found it to be written by Linda Crow at 2nd Cup of Coffee about her son heading off to college. As I read the post I smiled as Linda told the story and then she included the following words and verse:

"When we’re lonely, it’s important to remember that scripture is full of promises that the Lord never abandons us. For instance, Deuteronomy 31:8 says, “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.""

These are certainly encouraging words, especially to a solo mum like myself who lives approximately 2,000 kilometres (1,200 miles) from her family and misses them very much. These words, and the verse, remind me that I am not alone and I'm never to feel afraid or discouraged.

Linda then included the following:

"In fact, God loves catching us off-guard, turning our expectations upside down: “Do not remember past events; pay no attention to things of old. Look. I am about to do something new … I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:18-19)."

It's so important to move on from one's past and to realise that wherever we are, in whatever situation, whether we consider it to be good or bad, God will always make a way for us and always provide us with rivers in the desert! He is the God of the impossible, who only ever asks the possible of us! We must remember this.

So, from showers of blessings yesterday to rivers in the desert today, it seems that the drought is lifting in my world and I'm finally making my way out of my dried up wilderness! (Please see my post about
Becoming Unstuck, which will elaborate on this.)

Thank you Lord for providing such inspirational devotions to meditate on daily through the Cafe, and thank you to Linda for providing this revelation today. The insights that come from these lovely ladies are very welcoming and certainly help in more ways than imaginable! In Your Wonderful Name, Amen.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    I found your blog through Lelia's bible study I signed up to join all of you on Sept 23rd. I've been enjoying reading your blog.

    Looking forward to the study.

    Be blessed,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Paula, thank you so much for your comment at laced with grace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that post at The Cafe, too. It was great. Linda is a super writer. :) Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete