Monday 6 October 2014

Blogtoberfest 2014: Day 6 - Rambling

It's 10:44pm and I should really be going to sleep but I wanted to post something for Blogtoberfest first. I have no idea what I will write about so excuse me if I just ramble on for a bit.

Today was fun. My daughter and I went to two theme parks that we have a yearly pass for with another single mum and her two children. I spent the day dry while they got wet at the water park. I sat back and took photos of all and sundry while they went on rides at the theme park. It was a fun day. Tomorrow life returns to its normal routine. School holidays is over, my daughter is back home from spending two weeks with her dad and his family, and I must return to my university study tomorrow. I don't really know if I'm happy or sad about it. I guess tomorrow will tell.

I have five assessments due between now and the 5th of November. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my first semester at uni, I will be glad when it is over. And it's not because I don't like studying however, it's because I did four units this semester and I am worn out. And I mean WORN. OUT. My eyes hurt from reading, my brain hurts from thinking, and my butt hurts from sitting down so much! But still, I plan to keep going. The uni I attend has a third semester on offer. A summer semester where I will be doing one, if not two, units. I'm really looking forward to doing that as well as dealing with a house that I have to finish spring cleaning, creating art and taking some lessons, reading books, and finding a part-time job.

And with the end of semester comes the end of the year. Out with the old and in with the new, once again. Christmas will arrive with the New Year not far behind. A new year will begin with a child who starts her last year of primary school and a mum who begins the second half of her first year at uni. It will be a great year. However, getting through this year still has to be done. To say it has been an interesting year is an understatement. From working full-time to studying full-time, 2014 has been a year of major change and transition. My "because I know there is more year".

So there is my rambling for tonight. Ponderings on a fun day, a full year, and the anticipation of what is next. Now it is time to sleep.

In Him Always,

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment