Sunday 28 September 2014

Because It Is Time...

As the music plays and the strain of the vibration on the cello strings reach right inside me and increase the beats of my heart, I am overcome with emotion. From tiredness, from reflection, and from the prospect of having to clean my university study neglected house prior to a rental inspection in two days. What holds fast within me is that everything is exactly how it should be.

I started this blog in April 2008 after being encouraged by an online acquaintance that I too could write like the ladies whose blog pages I had been devouring. That I also had something to share. And so Paula’s Sharing Spot was borne.

Almost six and a half years later, I have come to a standstill. I am at a crossroad, and this post is taking me on the journey that was breathed into me by God many years ago, but always thwarted by myself because I didn’t have enough courage. Because I wasn’t brave.

My bravery is now shining through, evident by the fact that I took a redundancy payout from the employer for whom I had been employed with for 20 years. Evident also by the fact that I enrolled into university to undertake a three year Bachelor of Social Sciences, majoring in Counselling with minors in Human Behaviour and Human Studies. And evident by the fact that I now class myself as a “free range” Christian, whereby I don’t feel the need to be aligned to any particular church.

And so, while I still want to share my journey with God as His returned prodigal daughter, I also need to be true to who I am and where I am at in my life. So today brings an end to posting on Paula’s Sharing Spot, a place where I documented my life as a newly single mum, returned prodigal and insecure people pleaser. A place where my doubts and fears were aired. A place where I grew up.

What now for Paula C. Whitehouse? Well, I have prepared a new blog page. One with a title that contains that words that God spoke into my heart many years ago. Words that are now my life motto and are inscribed onto a silver bangle that I wear with pride.

…because I know there is more…

Yes, because I know there is more. Much, much more.

If you would like to join me on my new journey, please pop over to Because I Know There Is More, bookmark the page and subscribe to email updates. My post feed is empty as yet, but I am working on a post that will be out soon. I would love you to join me.

In Him Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment