Sunday 15 January 2012

A Feathered Blessing...

I deduce that God has a brilliant sense of humour. I mean, look at the platypus as a prime example. Or the armadillo.  I mean, really, who needs THAT much armour nowadays?

Seriously though, God does know a thing or infinity (and beyond!) about all these things and more.  And that is why He sent Jasmine and I a gray feathered friend on Friday night.

Meet Daisy...


She is just purely adorable!  And as you can see from the photo below, the feeling is mutual!


Last Thursday I had my cousin and her children visit as my mum had been staying with us. We were outside and heard a "woo-wit" kind of sound come from the trees. I mentioned how it sounded like there was a tame bird in the tree due to the "wolf whistle" nature of the call.

The next day I heard the same sound. Then later that day I saw a rush of birds flying past the back door and I went out to investigate. And there, holding onto a brick for dear life, was Daisy. I grabbed a tea towel and promptly brought her inside. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Daisy now lives with us and is a very welcome addition to our home. Jasmine notes that "Blue Fishy" aka "Fish Delish", her blue Siamese Fighting Fish, is now surrounded by even more girls. So cute.

Since Daisy arrived, we've spoiled her with some new goodies for her cage, and have even picked grass with seeds from the front lawn to feed her. She is very rarely in her cage and is quite content to be a play mate for Jasmine, or snuggle in with me and nibble on my hair! As I type she is navigating her way around her cage, choosing sustenance from the grasses, her honey seed block or bird food from in one of her brand new food holders.

I said eight years ago after my budgerigar died that I would never get another bird. Fast forward to today, include one child, two nervous breakdowns, some crazy relationships and a return to Jesus, and God sends me the most adorable creature He could to make me smile.

Thank You Father, You made the perfect choice for Jasmine and I.

"...your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!" - Matthew 6:8 NLT

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what good company a little bird can be! I just adore my little Buddy.

    Reading your post I can't help thinking of the Scripture about God caring about two sparrows that are sold for a penny ... Daisy is blessed to have landed in your lives, just as she is blessing you!

    ReplyDelete