Sunday 30 October 2011

I'm Under Attack...

I'm hopping mad right now and I'm praying for God to keep me from myself. Why am I so mad? It's because I was asked to take all of my daughter's photos off this blog. It's not an unreasonable request in this day and age given all the sick-minded people that are in the world. What I am mad about is that I was not just asked. I was the last to know that my daughter's father wanted this done. So, that's why I know I'm under [spiritual (1)] attack. And that's why I'm writing this post ... to show the enemy [see explanation post here (1)] that while I feel down about this situation, I am not out. I will rise up like the princess warrior that I am.

The enemy will use any means necessary to bring a woman down. He loathes women, and he especially  hates women whose lives are God-centred, who are able to show love, grace and forgiveness, and who feel comfortable in themselves ... as a woman. He despises us. But, he has already lost the battle.

Pastor Frei Haverkamp from Hillsong Germany spoke at church this morning about keeping it simple; the message of the gospel. The truth, life and hope that comes from believing that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and to give us eternal life.

Pastor Frei gave us three points -

1. God is good and the devil is bad. Such a simple statement but a very deep and true one. The enemy is 100% bad. He knows NO good. On the other hand, God is 100% good and knows NO bad. Problems, sickness, etc do not come from God. Like my current situation - it is not from God; it has the enemy's signature all over it. We must not make a gray situation out of something that is so obviously black and white. Good versus bad is white versus black. I'm certainly heeding this advice today and I'm pulling rank on my situation as a single mum. No-one who the enemy sends will be allowed to come into our fortress again.

"Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:16-17 NIV

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”" - Psalm 92:12-15 NIV

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."" - John 10:10-11 NIV

2. Always focus on the answer and not the problem. Jesus is our Saviour, Provider, Redeemer, Shepherd, Comforter, and more. We mustn't give our problems a name, ie betrayal and attack; we must just remember God's name. In my situation, God is greater than all of it and greater than every person involved.

3. I'm alive for more than just myself. God wants to bless you to be a blessing to others. God has blessed me with a wonderful and beautiful daughter, amazing friends and a loving family. I AM truly blessed. He chose ME to raise my daughter; He put me in this situation because He knew that I am the best person to raise my daughter. And if that means doing it alone, then I am more than happy to, and capable to.

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:8-9 NIV

Pastor Frei reminded us today that we live in two overlapping realities - the Kingdom of God, which is started but not finished, and the fallen and broken world, full of our tainted human tendencies and inadequacies. Having to live in both creates tension; tension like I'm feeling today.

Today's situation has only served to make me more determined to run the race that has been set out before me. It's only made me feel more secure in my standing as a child of the Most High God. It's made me realise that I am to be cautious about who I trust. It's made me thankful for my life, "fruit growers" and all.



(1) Postscript - please see my subsequent post titled Understanding a Spiritual Attack. (Post edited 31/10/11, 10:20am)

No comments:

Post a Comment