Monday 1 August 2011

Finding Hope and a Haven...

I don't have words at present to write a post for myself as God is doing waaay too much in my heart and mind at the moment to even make sense of any of it. But, what does make sense to me is what Bronwen Healy is doing at Hope Foundation.

Hope Foundation was started by Bronwen, who overcame drug addiction and life in the sex industry.  Bronwen's testimony can be found here and I urge you to check it out.  The first time I heard it I was in awe.  Not only that someone can overcome drug addiction and life in the sex industry, but that God's grace and forgiveness is for all of us no matter what we've done.  That in itself has helped me on my journey of overcoming guilt and shame for the promiscuous life I have led.

The latest venture (among the many that the Foundation is involved with) is Hope Haven [Brisbane], which is "a sanctuary where the women can come every day between 10-2 for connection & care. Including daily prayer + lunch at 12, support worker appointments, workshops, art therapy, quiet time and more!"

I love this concept. I love that God has gifted and enabled Bronwen and the team at Hope Foundation to enable this to happen. What I don't love is the fact that I work full-time so I won't be able to drop in during the day and help out! I will, however, find ways to help, even if that means cooking! (PS, I can cook!)

I urge you to check out the Hope Foundation web-site, join the Hope Foundation cause and like both the Foundation and Haven on Facebook, and help however and wherever you can.

God's girls need to see His tangible love in the arms, faces and smiles of people who love them just as He does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment