Friday 25 March 2011

Book Review: Unto the Hills by Billy Graham...

I didn't have a lot to choose from when making a selection on BookSneeze, so I decided to go for Billy Graham's "Unto the Hills: A Daily Devotional".

As the name suggests, this is a perpetual daily devotional book. The author encourages the reader that “for peace, for strength, for courage and inspiration, look UNTO THE HILLS.”

Dr Graham has written this devotional from his life experience as a man of God. His goal is that when we have problems we look to God for peace and guidance. His love for God is evident by his writing.

As it’s only March, I haven’t finished the book given its genre. I was quietly refreshed when I read the first devotional as Dr Graham’s zeal and keenness to share God's Word shows in abundance. The loving way in which He shares God’s commands, love and desires for us is comforting to read.

Throughout and after each daily reading I am left pondering the message that God has in it for me. Biblical truths are written out in such a way that God’s message is easy to understand. The reader is left with either a question or a thought to ponder during the day. Dr Graham uses people from the Bible and in past and present times to illustrate God’s goodness, giving the reader a practical example of how His love works and is displayed.

I would recommend this book to mainly adults, but anyone from teen years and up would find it enjoyable.

Please read my last review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment