Friday 12 March 2010

Have You Heard?


I'm home with my girl today as she (and I after being woken in the night by her) is not feeling well today. We lead a pretty hectic life where downtime is precious. Between work, school, dancing, church, domestic duties, shopping, visiting, etc, there isn't a lot of time for she and I to just chill so we do get worn out and susceptible to illness. Our lives run fortnightly with Jasmine staying with her father every second weekend, so I feel like we're on a constant spin cycle ALL the time. Thankfully with some rest, TLC and fruit so far today, I can see Jasmine improving.

So, while Jasmine has been relaxing and watching some kids TV, I've been taking some time to read through some blogs and I happened upon this from Andrea at Under Grace and Over Coffee. It is 'Have You Heard?' and it's all about 'spreading the work of Christ'.

Today's post about the site More Than Coping is most fitting for me as I suffer from a mental illness - depression and anxiety. In fact, last night I had a (now) rare anxiety attack. It was brought on by a variety of factors but wasn't as severe as in the past, praise God! It's amazing the amount of Christians that do suffer from a mental illness that is kept under wraps, so it's pleasing to see a site that caters for us!

Please take some time to pop over to both Andrea's blog and the More Than Coping site to see what is on offer. I'm certainly looking forward to not only checking out the More Than Coping site in depth but also what Andrea shares within her 'Have You Heard?' posts. Another great avenue for sharing what Christ is doing in the world!



PS: I'm two posts away from my 200th post (this is 198) and I'm planning a giveaway (a worldwide giveaway - no postage restrictions for this chick!), so keep a look out!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you gals feel better soon - and thanks again for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, little Jasmine! sounds like a neat site. I'm checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you both get over the sniffles soon. I'll pop over and check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, thank you for sharing my blog with your readers. You are the second blogger who has done this for me which really blows me away.

    I'm trying to reach the hurting in the church with my blog. I'm not a professional but know without a doubt this is an area the church has the ability to make a positive impact. We need to begin by eliminating the stigma so folks won't walk around carrying so much pain because they feel second rate.

    I hope you are doing well with your challenges. If you or any of your readers would like to share their story struggling with depression, anxiety, bi-polar, etc. please e-mail me at erunner54@gmail.com People are encouraged when they read how God is working in the lives of others. God bless! Allan

    ReplyDelete