Friday 15 January 2010

1975 Flashback...

Friday Photo Flashback

What a fun idea! I'm joining my friend Debbie at Heart Choices and others at More Than Words in showing a photo from my past. The photo below is of me (middle) and my cousins Jo and Karen back in 1975. I had fallen off my bike a week or so before and had scabs all over my nose. This photo has served a good purpose this week, as Jasmine hit her chin on the side of the local pool last night and had to have the wound glued together. I was able to share my bike story with her, which calmed her nerves a bit. She was a VERY brave girl!

What is so interesting about this photo is that while Jasmine has lovely light caramel skin, curly brown hair and brown eyes courtesy of her Tongan father, the expression on my face is Jasmine to a tee! I may not have had much impact on her colouring, but I am there!




2 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, I love this photo! I clicked on it to enlarge and see it more clearly and yes, I could see your poor nose. But you were still smiling! How wonderful that you could also share this photo and memory with Jasmine. I'm so glad we both participated in Friday Photo Flashback today.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flashback. I wish my mother would give me photos from my past. She won't have a bar of it!

    ReplyDelete