Sunday 3 January 2010

Intentional Living in 2010...

Extravagant Grace

eLisa from Extravagant Grace has kicked off 2010 with Living Intentionally Together. It has been a literal Godsend for me as it has allowed me to think seriously about goals for this year and I know it will help me keep my life on track. Aside from this I have also started a Reflection Journal. Both these things will be worked on together as I travel through 2010.

Part of Living Intentionally Together is to have a Life Verse, Life Purposes and Goals, a 2010 Theme and Verse, and One Year Goals. I will share a few of these points below and also answer some questions that eLisa posted on her blog.

I have selected two Life Verses, which are –

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16 (KJV), and

“Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet. This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special.” – 1 Peter 3:4 (CEV)

I feel that these two verses aptly convey how I want to live my life for God; graciously sharing His redemptive love in a gentle and quiet manner. Not an easy task for this hot headed and impatient mummy, but one that I know can be attained by following after Him.

eLisa’s questions from her post are –

How has the transforming power of Jesus changed your life? His presence in my life has helped me to learn that I am not in this alone. He is with my every step of the way, and shouldering my burden with me.

How is God calling you to live intentionally this year? I feel that He wants me to look at everything from an eternal perspective, which is why I have called 2010 the Year of Vision; His vision for my life to share His love.

How will you go about living intentionally this year? By looking at everything from His eyes and by keeping a focus on the goals I have set.

What is your theme verse? Theme statement or expression? Habakkuk 2:3 from the King James Verson – “For the vision... will surely come...” . I have changed my theme a few times based on the word vision, and have come up with this –

“Following after His vision, shining His light and becoming who He knows me to be.”

What are some of the goals the Lord has inspired you to set and how will you go about seeing those realised? My goals in each of the areas are from what that eLisa listed in the Priorities and Goals worksheet, and these include:

Relationships – stronger bond with my daughter, and being more open, honest and caring with everyone.
Health – overcome my depression, and to change my eating and fitness regimes to have victory over fibromyalgia.
Career – be worthwhile, diligent and competent in everything I do at my job.
Finances – reign in my spending, save more and give more to God.
Ministry – reach out to help others and share more lessons on personal trials with those who are experiencing the same battles.
Character traits within myself – patience and calmness with others and also with myself.
Hobbies – take up sewing again, finish existing projects, read books bought in 2009, expand/develop photography skills (may mean a new camera? Woo hoo!).
Passions – develop internet/web page/design skills to better share God’s message, Bible devotion and prayer time activities with my daughter. Better organised home! (Yes, being organised is a passion, just one that has slipped since becoming a mum.)

I pray that by keeping after His vision and staying focussed on Him I will be able to see the above goals come to fruition. These goals are all from what I learnt about myself in 2009, and what I desperately need to work on!

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that I will grow abundantly during 2010 and keep my focus on You and what You have in store for me; what Your vision is for my life. Please help me to rest in You and reflect and take action in the areas where You lead me. In Jesus’ name, Amen

5 comments:

  1. Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that I will grow abundantly during 2010 and keep my focus on You and what You have in store for me; what Your vision is for my life. Please help me to rest in You and reflect and take action in the areas where You lead me. In Jesus’ name, Amen


    amen amen amen

    I too have two scriptures for 2010. I will be sharing them soon in devotionals that I will doing. Too much to share to have it in one devotional...

    I LOVED that prayer you wrote, prayed it myself sweet sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, your post is such a blessing and I love the transparency.

    God has a lot in store for all of us in the coming months.

    Praise HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I'm so glad that you joined in. What a blessing you are.

    I pray that the Lord would give you eyes to see from His perspective. I also pray that as you draw closer to Him, you won't be able to help but spread Jesus to all you come in contact with. More of Him and less of Paula.

    Thank you for sharing your goals and theme for 2010. I can't wait to see what He will do in your life.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this is so beautiful. Your theme, verses, and goals are absolutely inspiring. I pray God's strength and power over you to fulfill the desires He has put in your heart!

    Love in Christ,
    eLisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula... You Rock! This is absolutely awesome!!!! Your words sound much like my own. Must be the victorious teaching we are sitting under. I believe that you will have the rest that comes with our identity in Christ. Coupled with peace and way-making like only the King can thrust open doors for. :)

    Can't wait till this time next year to see what all the Lord done in and through you. It's gonna be absolutely awesome! Brace yourself... This ride is taking off! :)

    Being loved by Him, with you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete