Monday 16 April 2012

Happy Birthday to my Little Princess...


Tomorrow my daughter turns eight. I have no idea where the time has gone, but I am thankful for it. For the gift that is my daughter. For the blessing that is my daughter, Jasmine.

She is cheeky.
She is funny.
She is smart.
She is talented.
And she loves her Mumma very much.

I'm feeling very emotional tonight as I ice mini cupcakes for Jasmine to take to school tomorrow. I think of how fast she is growing up. I think of the delightful little lady and lover of Jesus she is turning into.

I also think of how five years ago I was two weeks away from travelling half way around the world to find myself, only to learn five years later that I actually found myself here in the eyes of my little girl.

I am a mummy first and foremost. I've been lied to, cheated on, deceived and treated like a fool. To my daughter, I am none of these. I am Mum, Mummy and Mumma. And I love her for it.

Thank you Jasmine...the little babe in the ultrasound above who grew inside me, whom I nursed and who I have been raising as a single mum now for over six years. Whom I am proud to call "daughter".

Happy birthday Jasmine, my little "Bubby Darlin'".

Paula aka Mummy xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Princess Warrior chick that we just love to bits!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete